Friday, November 28, 2014

Pattern: Crochet Pumpkin

Happy Thanksgiving!
In honor of the special holiday, I will be sharing a pattern I wrote earlier this month with all of you!
Amigurumi Pumpkin

You will need:
-A small amount of orange worsted weight yarn
-A small amount of dark brown worsted weight yarn
- E-Hook/3.50mm
-Yarn Needle
-Scissors

Abbreviations:
sc- Single crochet
st- Stitch
sc2tog- Single crochet two stitches
blp- Back loop
The pumpkin and stem are crocheted separately and both are crocheted in continuous rounds,

Pumpkin:
Magic circle
Round 1- 6sc
Round 2- 2sc in each st around
Round 3- (1sc, 2sc in next st) Repeat ( ) around
Round 4- (2sc, 2sc in next st) Repeat ( ) around
Round 5- (3sc, 2sc in next st) Repeat ( ) around
Round 6- (4sc, 2sc in next st) Repeat ( ) around
Round 7- (5sc, 2sc in next st) Repeat ( ) around
Rounds 8-14- Sc in each st around
Round 15- (5sc, sc2tog) Repeat ( ) around
Round 16- (4sc, sc2tog) Repeat ( ) around
Round 17- (3sc, sc2tog) Repeat ( ) around
Round 18- (2sc, sc2tog) Repeat ( ) around
                Stuff the Pumpkin
Round 19- (1sc, sc2tog) Repeat () around
End off with a LONG tail

Stem:
Magic circle
Round 1- 6sc
Round 2- 2sc in each st around
Round 3- Sc in the blp of each st around
Round 4- Sc in each st around
End off

Assembly:
With the long tail left from the pumpkin tightly pull the yarn around the pumpkin to create the ridges. (Tutorial coming soon) After you have wound the yarn around the pumpkin, sew the stem onto the pumpkin. Weave in the ends and you are done!

I hope you enjoy this pattern! I wanted to take more pictures but I have been CRAZY busy lately! I will have a tutorial on how to assemble the pumpkin soon! Happy Thanksgiving!

Emma<3

This pattern is my own work. I have not copied  anyone else's work. You are welcome to sell anything you make from my pattern but please link back to me. Please do not sell the pattern. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on m blog! It really means a lot to me! I allow anonymous comments, but please identify yourself in some way. Again thank you for commenting!

Blessings,
Emma<3